Kentucky

May 1-3

Well I made my first trip to Kentucky to hunt with Jim. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. It was about a five and a half hour drive, so I left work midday on Friday and made the long haul in the pouring rain for most of the time. Wow, I love that GPS, especially in the rain. I could tell as I got closer to the mountains and rivers, it was absolutely a beautifully remote area of our world. And wow at the work the Flanegan's have done in a year or so. They had fixed up an old barn, installed a well and water system, put in a garden, bought a tractor and other equipment, fixed up all kinds of roads and fields, and built a really nice home and bunk house. Again, I should have gotten more pics. It was a very impressive place. As far as hunting goes, they are loaded with turkeys. Probably more birds per acre than I have ever seen and this was evident even in the steady rain that engulfed us all weekend (but I will not complain of rain...thank you Lord!! We were able to hunt some and even had a nice bird come in, just on the wrong side and surprising us. Hind sight is 20-20 but I wish i had of just swung my gun around and shot. We had great meals and fellowship and it was well worth the drive. We spent time with Jim's dad, his sister, Jen and her husband, Toby and their three wonderful children...which was great to be around especially after Amy Grace has been born (I cannot imagine raising her let alone 3).

Some pics from the weekend:
The get to the property you get to travel down a public road which includes two ford-type stream crossings and beautiful pastures and views. I should have taken more pics.
Their barn and pond:
Jim checking the weather on the computer:
Jim's Dad relaxing after we all hunted in the rain:

No comments: